Another Award for Blogging...



I keep returning. But Au Revoir still holds. :) Just couldn’t resist the temptation of coming back.

I received the Liebster Award from Privy Trifles recently. So this post is to acknowledge it and pass it on. This one's my second award. 1st Award

I don’t know how I found her blog at first. A vivid memory tells me I was searching something about Paulo Coelho and/or Life in a Metro, and a few lucky wrong clicks landed me in http://www.privytrifles.in/. I have been so thankful for the chance discovery ever since.

Some of her questions and my answers:


1.                  What is writing to you?
A gift. A therapy for mental peace. It feels empowering to know that my thoughts make sense. I take pride in it.
2.                 Why Blogging?
For the need of a personal space which I can call my own- my personal safe haven, and a platform in the eyes of the world.

3.                 What does your blog mean to you?
It means a lot- I’m very possessive and protective about it, I cherish and treasure it with all my heart.
4.                 If given a choice what would you like to change about LIFE right now?
Nothing really. I like my life as it is. My past has made me the person I am, my present feels infinite. :)

5.                 Say something to someone you have always wanted to. ( Can be in a code without any names)
I am a bit selfish, in my own right, even if you think I’m not and I can’t be.

6.                 Meaning of life to you in one word.
Infinite. :) ( I've been taking ‘The Perks of Being a Wallflower’ and ‘The Fault in Our Stars’ seriously and believing every word of those beautiful quotes and one-liners.)

7.                 One lesson that life has taught you that you want everyone to know.
You can’t force anyone to understand you, if they can’t, then they just can’t. But you shouldn’t stop empathising with them- if not for anything else, then just to realise every day that you are more priveledged.
8.                 One song that describes you perfectly.
                        A few are there, umm, still thinking the right one....

9.                 How would you like to be remembered?
A person who knows her mind, who’s not fake. Someone who’s flawed but still people can draw inspiration from. Read more about it- in the paragraphs here.
10.             Words for me.
Your blog is one of the best things that I discovered in blogosphere, that makes you one of my favorite virtual contacts. J I used to wonder at first- how can someone write words that inspiring every day? How can she conjure up emotions so touching and moving in every post? And very much like you, I love the written word- it inspires me and stays with me for long. And as you wrote recently about a sense of belonging- I feel I belong there, in The Memoirs of Me.







I would like to tag the following blogger friends and pass on the award to them.


My questions to the tagged bloggers:

1.       How has blogging affected or changed your life?
2.      Whom do you draw inspiration from?
3.      Suggest one of your favorite books and why it is close to your heart.
4.      Which era, or culture or country would you like to belong and why?
5.      Do you think being anonymous has its advantages? Why?
6.      If you would want to have a pseudoname(pen name), what would it be?
7.      What would be the title of the story of your life?
8.      Make a confession.
9.      Describe yourself in three words.
10.  Mention a wish from your wishlist.
11.   A few words for me and my blog. Gracias! Merci!


Do leave the link here friends. I’m so eager to read your answers… :)

Comments

Queeristan by Parmesh Sahani

Image
  Queeristan (Amazon Link) Thanks to Audible Free Trial I listened to this amazing non-fiction on LGBTQ inclusion in Indian workplaces. Author Parmesh Sahani identifies as gay Indian, working closely with Godrej higher management and employees for years to create an inclusive workplace, both legally and in spirit. This book is a result of those years of experience, research, collaboration with individuals from difference spectrum of the society and organizations who has successfully transitioned into a queer friendly one.   Indian history is inclusive. From the Khajuraho temple architectures, to Konark to the Rig Veda, there is existing proofs even 2000 years ago of Indian inclusiveness of queer. It’s the draconian British law that criminalised it, which was scraped in 2009, came into effect once again following a sad judgement in 2013 and eventually was scraped off for good in 2018. I am in awe of the lawyers who fought this legal battle- colleagues and partners – Arundhati Katju

Popular posts from this blog

F.R.I.E.N.D.S

Empress Ki : A story of an epic scale

Latest Binge - Emily in Paris

When Breathe Becomes Air

E[x]ploring Odia Literature Through 'Punyatoya'

A Gratitude List: The Sweetest Thing in a Seekers' Life

My Last Trip Before Lockdown